May & June Edits and Why They Made The Cut
- The Linen Puff Sleeve Top by Everlane: I was in the market for a fun top that would pair well with high rise jeans and shorts for both casual, and slightly fancier occasions. The parameters where not too trendy, a touch of-the-moment but high quality with classic characteristics. This one fit all of those, and it is even more lovely in person. For reference, I ordered a size 4 and it fits absolutely perfect. No doubt, this piece will get a ton of wear this season.
- Halina Cat-Eye Sunglasses by Banana Republic: I’ve been dying for a pair of cat eye sunnies with a light tortoise frame, and a classic lens. By classic, I mean none of these crazy colored reflective shenanigans! Also, I’m partial to big sunglasses…those teeny tiny lenses don’t look fabulous on me. The above mentioned criteria aren’t common in a pair of sunnies, apparently! Banana Republic wouldn’t normally be my go-to for sunglasses, and after an exhaustive search, I sort of stumbled on this pair. I’m so happy with them! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks, Banana Republic!
- Jared Block heel Strappy Sandal by Marc Fisher: At the top of my list of items I wanted to purchase for summer 2020, was a pair of strappy sandals with either a kitten or shorter block heel. I never ever thought I’d say this, but I’m starting to get away from the high pencil heels. One of the major things I kept in mind while shopping for this list topping item is my purse & shoe matching obsession. I love that this pair has brown black & brown tones…and even a little color mixed in. Absolutely perfect! Marc Fisher is one of my favorite shoe designers. In my experience, his shoes are always beautifully made and comfortable. This pair is no exception. LOVE!
- Deep V Leopard French Bikini Top by J.Crew : I purchased this same bikini top in black last summer and loved it. Finding a flattering swim suit has always been a challenge for me. I have a small chest, short torso and I’m not very curvy at all! The plunging V works very well for my body type and this leopard print caught my eye. I plan to wear with a black high waist bottom. It does run a little small around the rib cage. I wear a medium for reference.
- White Converse High Top Sneakers: A little quirky. Yep. So, this is one of those items I love so much that friends find surprising. Like the combat boots! I guess I can see why, but that is what makes it interesting. I’m drawn to it, and I go with it. Also, sneakers are perfect for my low key lifestyle. I have these in black too, and I think they look cool with EVERYTHING. High top cons are iconic. They mix in with so many different style aesthetics, and they are the perfect piece to dress down an ensemble that may otherwise feel too fancy for a laid back occasion. Effortless!
- Adidas Adilette Stripe Sports Slide: This is my second pair of these. So comfy, and they look so chic with everything from sweatpants to a slip dress. Sort of like Havaianas, but I trip all the time when wearing my Havaianas. Hahahaha! Much more support and stability with these slides!
- Organic Cotton Box Cut Pocket Tee by Everlane: These are just really great t shirts! They’ve gotten even better since the switch to organic cotton. The proportions are spot on, and they get better with wash. For reference, I wear a small.
- Iets Frans Jogger by Urban Outfitters: Admittedly, I’ve spent a fair amount of time shopping for cute sweats during this isolation. Who hasn’t, right!? I was intrigued by these and so I gave them a shot. Well, let me tell you…they are the best sweatpants ever. High waisted, figure flattering perfection. They are just loose enough to be super chic, no droopy butt, and the length runs longer which I need! Get these! For reference, I wear a small. I don’t put them in the dryer because I don’t want the length to shrink! By the way…Iets Frans means “something French” in Dutch.
- Beige Snake Embossed Bootie by Jeffrey Campbell: I know…these aren’t a summer item BUT… I looked at them over the winter, really wanted them, and stopped myself because I had just invested in a pair of black leather booties. So, you can bet that when I saw them for 1/3 of the price on the Nordstrom Rack site last week…I caved! It pays to shop off season sometimes. I’m still awaiting their arrival so I will keep you posted on whether or not I recommend them. I love the mix of black and neutrals because as it will not clash with my handbags. Also, I’m a fan of a snake pattern paired with the simple wardrobe staples that make up my closet!
I wanted to share this breakdown with you as an illustration of how I shop intentionally. I avoid impulse purchases, and I think through how something will work with my existing wardrobe in multiple ways before purchasing. Sticking to this shopping method has helped me build a wardrobe I absolutely love.